It seems that our friend Yves Rossy,*the man with wings, isn't the only person who races cars with the power of jets strapped to his back. A man called Nick Macomber, who must be an honorary member of the Buzz Lightyear fan club also happens to own a jet pack. And he also uses it to bait race cars.
Nick's technology isn't as advanced as the one Yves' used against Richard - it's actually inspired by equipment developed by NASA in the 60s. But that hasn't stopped him making use of the empty F1 track before this weekend's race to see if he's quicker than a Renault Megane RS.
Not quite as epic as when Richard raced a jet-powered man, but it hasn't stopped us wanting for a jet-pack for Christmas like we were promised in 1982...
Source : Topgear.com
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- The North Face announces Avalanche Airbag Safety System (ABS) vest and pack, we go hands-on (video)
- GoPro launches HD Hero2 helmet cam, announces video streaming Wi-Fi pack for winter
- Mophie intros Juice Pack Plus Outdoor Edition for adventure loving iPhone owners (video)
- Sony PS2 handheld mod looks downright gorgeous, just needs a battery pack (video)
- The eCRP 1.4 electric race bike revealed, captured screaming around the track (video)