Things you don't want to happen while driving your 8000bhp funnycar at 260mph:
- The bodywork to come off
- The engine to explode
Which is pretty unfortunate for drag racer, Matt Hagan, because that's precisely what happened during qualifying for the Four-Wide Nationals in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Hagan's marginally terrifying funny car dropped an intake valve into one of its cylinders, launching big lumps of engine and bodywork across three of the four race lanes.
Amazingly, he was completely unharmed, affording him the opportunity to get in a massive great big strop after the crash. Which seems perfectly reasonable - this is the third consecutive year that Hagan's been involved in an explosion at the Four-Wide Nationals.
Now watch. It's mental.
Source : Topgear.com
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Visualized: Huawei crafts smartphone pegasus, makes no mention of quad-core horsepower
- Rimac Automobili unveils 1,088 horsepower Concept One electric supercar
- Rivera blows it in 9th, BoSox win in 10 (AP)
- 762 horsepower amphibious HydroCar listed on eBay for $777,000
- ASUS looks set to release five Sandy Bridge laptops, all with serious horsepower