29 May 2012 Last updated at 10:41 GMT
Share this page
Defender Kevin Foley has lost his race to be fit for Euro 2012 and has been replaced in the final 23-man Republic of Ireland squad by Paul McShane.
Foley has been trying to shake off a hamstring injury but the Wolves player has now become the second man to be sent home after Birmingham midfielder Keith Fahey's departure at the weekend.
McShane is in Italy with the party after being drafted in as defensive cover amid a series of fitness worries.
Paul Green was Fahey's replacement.
The former Derby county player was called up after Fahey was forced to admit defeat following a scan on a groin problem on Saturday night.
Green, 28, is currently without a club after turning down the offer of a new contract from Derby earlier this month.
The ex-Rams midfielder has 10 Republic of Ireland caps.
Fahey, 29, scored scored the opening goal of Republic's Euro 2012 qualifying campaign in Armenia.
Also related to this story
- Injured Fahey out of Irish squad 26 May 2012 R. of Ireland
- Republic win delights Trapattoni 26 May 2012 R. of Ireland
- Rep of Ire 1-0 Bosnia-Hercegovina 26 May 2012 R. of Ireland
- Long keen to earn Trapattoni nod 25 May 2012 R. of Ireland
- Given fitness boost for Republic 24 May 2012 R. of Ireland
- McGeady eyes Spartak exit by 2014 22 May 2012 Scottish Football
- Fahey and Foley concern for Irish 17 May 2012 R. of Ireland
- St Ledger backs Irish for shock 17 May 2012 Leicester
- McClean in Irish Euro 2012 squad 07 May 2012 R. of Ireland
- O'Neill backs McClean Euro claims 04 May 2012 R. of Ireland
- Boss leaves door open for McClean 09 Mar 2012 Irish Football
- Republic players on reduced bonus 01 Mar 2012 Irish Football
- Rep of Ireland 1-1 Czech Republic 29 Feb 2012 Irish Football
- Fans vent frustration over Trapattoni tactics 06 Mar 2012 Irish Football
- VideoMcClean excited by Republic debut 01 Mar 2012 Irish Football
- McClean drafted into Irish squad 20 Feb 2012 Irish Football
- Republic 'cannot ignore' McClean 07 Feb 2012 Sunderland
- Trapattoni upbeat about Euro draw 02 Dec 2011 Irish Football
- Ireland handed tough Euro draw 02 Dec 2011 Football
- Trapattoni extends Republic deal 29 Nov 2011 Irish Football
Share this story
Share this page
Article Source : BBC News
Similar Newsgab Articles: