FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP)—Josh Beckett gave up one run in five solid innings and the Boston Red Sox beat the Baltimore Orioles 7-4 in a split-squad game Saturday.
Beckett started a double play, struck out two and walked one. He allowed two hits.
Orioles starter Armando Galarraga gave up four runs and six hits in four inning.
The Orioles brought over mostly bench players and minor leaguers. But the game marked shortstop prospect Manny Machado’s first start in the Grapefruit League. The third overall pick in the 2010 draft out of Miami Brito High went 0 for 1 with two walks.
The Red Sox and Orioles tied 3-3 in 10 innings in a split-squad game in Sarasota.
News Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=320317102]Yahoo Sports[/url]
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Verlander strikes out 8, Tigers beat Orioles (Yahoo! Sports)
- Orioles LF Nolan Reimold hit in head with pitch (Yahoo! Sports)
- Beckett sharp in Red Sox's 9-3 loss to Cardinals (Yahoo! Sports)
- Chen pitches 2 scoreless innings in Orioles' debut (Yahoo! Sports)
- Beckett is sharp in spring debut, Red Sox win (Yahoo! Sports)