CHICAGO (AP) Boston Red Sox right-hander Josh Beckett will miss his next start because of inflammation in his right shoulder.
He was scheduled to pitch Sunday against the Chicago Cubs. Manager Bobby Valentine says Beckett will remain on the roster ''for now'' but might undergo tests this weekend.
Valentine spoke after Friday's 3-0 loss to the Cubs.
He says Beckett is ''not quite recovering on a five-day rotation.'' The 32-year-old has lost three consecutive starts and is 4-7 with a 4.14 ERA.
Left-hander Franklin Morales will start in Beckett's place. He has a 3.04 ERA in 22 relief appearances this season.
The Colorado Rockies round out the 2012 top 10 by selecting David Dahl, high school outfielder from Alabama.
Miami Marlins use the No. 9 overall pick to select Andrew Heaney, LHP from Oklahoma State. #MLB
The Mark Appel watch ends with the No. 8 pick as the Pittsburgh Pirates take the Stanford righty. #MLB
News Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/beckett-miss-start-red-sox-221413565--mlb.html]Yahoo Sports[/url]
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Marlins beat Beckett and Red Sox, 4-1 (Yahoo! Sports)
- Beckett works 7-plus to lead Red Sox over Phillies (Yahoo! Sports)
- Indians tee off on Beckett in 8-3 win over Red Sox (Yahoo! Sports)
- Royals' Duffy will miss Friday's start (Yahoo! Sports)
- Beckett sharp for Red Sox in 7-4 win over Orioles (Yahoo! Sports)