DENVER (AP) -- Los Angeles Dodgers centerfielder Matt Kemp is out of the lineup a day after he collided with the center field wall but tests showed no structural damage to his left knee and jaw.
Kemp was not in the starting lineup for Wednesday's game against the Colorado Rockies and he was listed as day to day with a bone bruise around the left knee and intense body soreness overall.
He ran into the wall while chasing a flyball.
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly says of Kemp, ''He feels like a truck hit him.''
In a separate move, the Dodgers placed left-handed reliever Scott Elbert on the 15-day disabled list with left elbow inflammation. Right-handed reliever Shawn Tolleson, who was optioned on Monday, was recalled from Single-A Rancho Cucamonga.
News Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dodgers-cf-kemp-day-day-190019091--mlb.html]Yahoo Sports[/url]
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Kemp leaves game after collision with wall (Yahoo! Sports)
- Dodgers activate Kemp, Ethier from DL (Yahoo! Sports)
- Dodgers' Kemp departs after reinjuring hamstring (Yahoo! Sports)
- All-Star Kemp comes off disabled list for Dodgers (Yahoo! Sports)
- Kemp homers again as Dodgers beat Astros 5-1 (Yahoo! Sports)