LAS VEGAS (AP) -- The U.S. Olympic basketball team says guard Chris Paul's injury is a sprained right thumb.
Paul was hurt Friday during the first day of training camp and had an X-ray that revealed the injury. He took part in some non-contact portions of practice Saturday, but did not scrimmage with the Americans.
The Los Angeles Clippers All-Star had a protective splint over the thumb and likely will sit out scrimmages for a few days.
The U.S. team has been weakened by injuries to Dwight Howard, Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. The Americans were to name their 12-man roster later Saturday.
MLB Full Count is now LIVE! Catch FREE live look-ins, highlights and more from around @MLB --> http://t.co/qhl6iE1C
Vikings' RB Adrian Peterson arrested at a club in Houston --> http://t.co/tW6Tjcpt
@jeffbriscoe thanks Jeff!
Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/us-guard-chris-paul-sprained-205819117--nba.html]Yahoo Sports[/url]
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Detroit's Valverde out with sprained right wrist (Yahoo! Sports)
- Marlins CF Bonifacio out with sprained thumb (Yahoo! Sports)
- Red Sox LF Crawford has sprained ligament in elbow (Yahoo! Sports)
- Phillies' Polanco day to day with sprained finger (Yahoo! Sports)
- 76ers' Brand out with sprained thumb (AP)