SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- The San Antonio Spurs have re-signed Tim Duncan, bringing back the veteran forward for at least a 16th season.
Terms were not disclosed in Wednesday's announcement, though Yahoo Sports cited anonymous sources in reporting it was a three-year, $36 million deal. Duncan is 36.
The 6-foot-11 Duncan was selected by San Antonio with the first pick in the 1997 draft. In 15 seasons, Duncan has led the Spurs to nine division titles and the playoffs every year, including four NBA championships. He has two NBA MVP awards to go along with three NBA Finals MVP honors.
Coach Gregg Popovich said the team was thrilled to make sure that Duncan will spend his ''entire career'' in San Antonio.
Are the Nets running out of time to make a deal for Dwight Howard? http://t.co/miC6UbsY
RT @WojYahooNBA: There's a window Nets can still deal Lopez in sign-and-trade to Magic today, but it's closing fast. Doubt they'll drag ...
Kobe Bryant: If Team USA 2012 played the Dream Team, ‘I think we’d pull it out’ --> http://t.co/yRJ377qr ... Do you agree with Kobe?
Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/spurs-sign-f-tim-duncan-192105334--nba.html]Yahoo Sports[/url]
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Duncan scores 28, Spurs cool surging Grizzlies (Yahoo! Sports)
- Spurs leave Duncan, Parker, Ginobili at home (Yahoo! Sports)
- Duncan scores 19 to lead Spurs past Hornets (Yahoo! Sports)
- Parker, Duncan pace Spurs to 5th straight win (Yahoo! Sports)
- Blair, Duncan lead Spurs past Hornets 89-86 (Yahoo! Sports)