CLEVELAND (AP) Browns coach Pat Shurmur is making it clear rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden will not be handed the starting job.
Weeden, drafted with the No. 22 overall pick, will take the field for the first time as a pro on Friday when Cleveland opens its three-day rookie minicamp. On a conference call, Shurmur said he's eager to see the Oklahoma State quarterback perform and the Browns aren't going to christen him their new starter because ''we don't give anybody anything.''
Shurmur says rookie running back Trent Richardson, the No. 3 overall pick, will be able to fully participate in the camp. Richardson underwent minor knee surgery after helping Alabama win the national championship.
Shurmur said 37 players, including draft picks and undrafted free agents, will be at the camp.
Is Atlanta's Matt Ryan one of the game's elite QBs? http://t.co/2DOfUM0y
NFL should release evidence it claims to have of suspended players' involvement in bounty program: http://t.co/MFgIFqEm @MikeSilver
It's possible that Jonathan Vilma could still play in 2012: http://t.co/qqM2uxFg @JasonColeYahoo
Source : http://sports.yahoo.com/news/shurmur-dont-hand-anybody-anything-175726535--nfl.html]Yahoo Sports[/url]
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Newton: Improvement as NFL QB "through the roof" (Yahoo! Sports)
- Jets may be in mix for HBO's "Hard Knocks" (Yahoo! Sports)
- Best hand painted sign of the week!!!! - might be "R" rated.....
- Hayden Panettiere |Open Back&Jeans|"Rear View"Candids "tight ass,Backless"|some Event
- Juliette Binoche with 1 hand grabbing her pussy collages from "Rendez-vous".