LAS VEGAS (AP) - Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers has won his first Vezina Trophy as the NHL's top goalie.
Lundqvist won the award Wednesday night at the NHL's annual postseason awards show at the Wynn Las Vegas casino.
The Rangers' tireless Swedish netminder won the award on his fourth nomination, going 39-18-5 with five shutouts and a 1.97 goals-against average while leading the Rangers to the Eastern Conference's best regular-season record.
Lundqvist beat out Nashville's Pekka Rinne and Los Angeles' Jonathan Quick.
Quick won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the NHL's playoff MVP last week after backstopping the Kings to their first Stanley Cup title, posting some of the best postseason statistics in league history.
Source : NHL.com
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Steven Stamkos, Henrik Lundqvist and Evgeni named Malkin Hart finalists
- Vezina Trophy finalists: Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne
- Vezina Trophy candidates narrowed to Henrik Lundqvist, Jonathan Quick, Pekka Rinne
- Henrik Lundqvist, Jonathan Quick, Pekka Rinne nominated for Vezina Trophy
- Lundqvist, Rinne, Quick tabbed Vezina finalists