PHILADELPHIA (AP) - The Philadelphia Flyers have drafted center Scott Laughton with the 20th pick in the first round.
The Flyers took the 6-foot, 177-pound center from Oshawa of the OHL on Friday night in Pittsburgh. Laughton ranked fifth on Oshawa with 53 points (21-32--53), and third on the team with 101 penalty minutes during the 2011-12 season.
The Flyers picked up two more picks in this year's draft and a fourth-round selection next year when they traded goalie Sergei Bobrovsky to the Columbus Blue Jackets before the start of Friday's draft.
Laughton represented Canada at the 2011 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament and scored the game-winning goal in the gold-medal game. He also won gold with Team Ontario at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.
Source : NHL.com
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Sharks draft Czech C Tomas Hertl with 17th pick in 1st round of NHL draft
- Flyers trade goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky to Blue Jackets for 3 draft picks
- Blue Jackets acquire goalie Bobrovsky from Flyers for three draft picks
- Flyers rooting for former Flyers Carter, Richards as they lead Kings into Stanley Cup finals
- Alyssa Milano (Pink NFL Draft Shirt, Jeans) ESPN Magazine's Pre-Draft Party 4-21-10