MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens signed restricted free agent defenceman Raphael Diaz to a two-year contract on Friday.
The 26-year-old who played for Switzerland at the 2010 Winter Olympics had three goals and 13 assists in 59 games as an NHL rookie last season. His 102 shots ranked third among rookie NHL rearguards.
He missed the last 16 games of the season with a groin injury.
Diaz, who signed as a free agent with Montreal in 2011, was on the NHL all-rookie team at the all-star game last season as a replacement for injured defenceman Adam Larsson.
The Canadiens have two RFAs still unsigned: defenceman P.K. Subban and forward Blake Geoffrion.
Source : NHL.com
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Canadiens sign forward Aaron Palushaj to one year, two-way contract
- Canadiens sign defenceman St. Denis to one year, two-way contract
- Canadiens re-sign defenceman Alexei Emelin to two-year contract extension
- Canadiens sign forward Nokelainen, defenceman Nash to one-year deals
- Montreal Canadiens sign defenceman Nathan Beaulieu to three-year contract