TORONTO - The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed 2012 first-round draft choice Morgan Rielly to a three-year entry level contract.
Rielly, 18, was selected fifth overall at the NHL entry draft by the Maple Leafs on June 22.
The 6-1, 200-pound defenceman had 18 points in 18 games with the Moose Jaw Warriors of the Western Hockey League last season.
Rielly played 83 career games over two seasons with Moose Jaw but missed the majority of the 2011-12 season due to a knee injury.
The Vancouver native will represent Canada at the 2012 Canada-Russia Challenge in Yaroslavl, Russia and Halifax later this month.
Source : NHL.com
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Islanders sign 1st-round pick Griffin Reinhart to 3-year, entry-level contract
- Oilers sign top draft pick Nail Yakupov to three-year, entry-level deal
- Ducks sign top pick Lindholm to entry-level deal
- Burke thrilled after Maple Leafs draft defenceman Morgan Rielly fifth overall
- Maple Leafs sign defensive prospect Petter Granberg to entry level deal