OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators have signed forward Kyle Turris to a US$17.5-million, five-year contract extension.
The 23-year-old native of Burnaby, B.C., recorded 12 goals and 17 assists last season, both career highs.
The deal, which is worth an average of $3.5 million per year, will keep Turris in Ottawa through the 2017-18 season.
Turris was acquired by the Senators in a December trade with the Coyotes that sent defenceman David Rundblad and a second-round draft pick to Phoenix.
In 186 career games, Turris has 31 goals and 44 assists with 70 penalty minutes.
Source : NHL.com
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Philadelphia Flyers sign forward Scott Hartnell to a six-year contract extension
- Devils sign former Senators forward Bobby Butler to 2-way contract
- Senators sign Neil to 3-year contract extension
- Senators sign veteran forward Chris Neil to three-year contract extension
- Edmonton Oilers sign forward Lennart Petrell to one-year contract extension