By Chris McLaughlin
BBC Scotland Lennon has been under pressure because of Celtic's league position Celtic's Neil Lennon is on Leicester City's shortlist for the managerial vacancy at the Championship club.

But, ahead of Saturday's Scottish Premier League visit by Hibernian, Lennon told BBC Scotland: "I am not aware of it.

"I am very flattered, but I have a hell of a job here.

"There is an obvious connection because I played there. It is a great club with a bit of a clout behind, but I want to stay here."

Lennon has been under pressure after Celtic slipped behind cash-strapped reigning champions Rangers in the SPL title race.

But that eased after Wednesday's 4-1 Scottish Communities League Cup quarter-final hammering of Hibs in Edinburgh.

The Foxes are looking for a new manager after the sacking this week of Sven-Goran Eriksson.

It had looked like former Celtic and Leicester manager Martin O'Neill was a strong favourite to return to the club should he want the job.

However, while Lennon is not the favourite for the post, bookmakers have been taking a run of bets on O'Neill's fellow Northern Irishman.

Lee Clark, who has been in charge of Huddersfield Town since 2008, is thought to be the man in poll position to take over at King Power Stadium.

Scotsman Billy Davies, who has managed City's rivals, Derby County and Nottingham Forest, is thought to be keen on the job.

Former Cardiff City manager Dave Jones and Dowie, formerly of Charlton Athletic and QPR, have both applied.

Article Source : BBC News

Similar Newsgab Articles: