<div class="ad_wrapper">
6 February 2012 Last updated at 12:35 GMT

Share this page

<div class="article" role="main">
Leicester's Rendall Munroe took just one round to beat Argentina's Jose Saez in a non-title super-bantamweight fight on Saturday.

The 32-year-old former European champion claimed victory in 170 seconds at Bolton's Reebok Stadium.

Munroe told BBC Radio Leicester: "The opponent was a good opponent and I've proved my calibre again.

"I wanted to go out and make a statement and show people that I am still hungry."

He continued: "My last couple of fights I've shown I can box as well as fight and now I've switched it around showing I can fight and I'm a hard puncher."

Last year, Munroe decided to drop down a division to bantamweight but remained at super-bantamweight for his fight with Saez after failing to secure an opponent at his level.

He added: "I'm hoping to get a world title eliminator to give me the chance to fight for a world title again. The talks are in the pipeline and hopefully that will happen soon.

"I will have a week off and get into a bit of roadwork and keep ticking over until I get another date."

<div class="share-tools-footer blq-clearfix"> Share this story