Olympic organisers will look into whether Pippa Middleton, seen here sitting beside her sister Princess Kate, and her family are breaking laws that prevent unofficial games merchandise from being sold. Picture: AFP

LONDON Olympic organisers will look into whether Pippa Middleton and her family are breaking laws that prevent unofficial games merchandise from being sold.

Products featuring Olympic-style rings are being sold on the website of mail-order company Party Pieces, which is owned by the family of Prince William's wife, the former Kate Middleton.
Dozens of items are being sold under a "Celebrate The Games" section, including a ring toss game featuring five rings in the Olympic colours.
They could be breaching the London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Act, which was passed in 2006.
London organising committee spokeswoman Jackie Brock-Doyle says "we're going to have a look at it."
CALL ME A CAB HOME
A LONDON taxi driver has come up with a novel way of solving the Olympic hotel dilemma: Visitors can sleep in his cab for STG50 ($A76).
Cabbie David Weekes had feared that busy traffic throughout the Olympics and special road lanes only for Olympic VIPs would mean fewer taxi fares.
So he's converted his traditional black London taxi into a cosy single bed with a Union Jack blanket.
Weekes said some London taxi drivers think working during the Olympics will be "a total waste of time" because of the congestion. But others like himself will be driving during the games, which run from July 27 to Aug. 12.
Outside parliament earlier this week, hundreds of London taxi drivers protested their exclusion from the special Olympic lanes.
- AP
DANCE DUO RELEASE VELODROME THEME
THE Chemical Brothers are following in the tracks of electro pioneers Kraftwerk and releasing a cycling-inspired song for the Olympic Games.
The duo, who have sold millions of records since their 1995 debut, have composed Theme For Velodrome which will be the soundtrack to the track cycling events at the games and admit they were inspired by the German act's 1983 hit Tour de France.
Tom Rowlands, who founded the dance music outfit with Ed Simons while they were at Manchester University, said: "I have loved cycling since I was a boy. I have always made a connection between electronic music and cycling repetition, the freedom and sense of movement. Kraftwerk obviously cemented this connection with their Tour de France track. For us to create the theme for the Velodrome is a great honour and we're really excited to hear it in situ."
It is one of five official songs which will be played throughout sports sessions at official venues for the games, such as when athletes enter and during the build-up to medal ceremonies.
Elton John has teamed up with dance duo Pnau to record Good Morning To The Night, while Dizzee Rascal's Scream featuring Pepper will also feature along with Good Life by Stockport dance act Delphic.
They join the previously announced Survival by Muse whose frontman Matt Bellamy said it was "a huge honour" that their track was chosen. e He said: "I wrote it with the Games in mind as it expresses a sense of conviction and determination to win."
- PA

Source: Click Here

Similar Newsgab Articles: