Thread: Reuploaded?

Thanks

Default Reuploaded?

I see in the NSFW section that it seems every pic has been reuploaded by a mod. I haven't been here in awhile. A new change? Does the poster get credit if someone 'shares the love'? because the pics are now under the moderator.
    Thanks,

Mxyzptlk from the 5th Dimension.
    Nemesis of Superman

Cry "Havoc," and let slip the dogs of war.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 982 Posts

As long as the new pics were uploaded in the same thread the original poster gets credit for when it was under their post. After it has been reupped here then maybe maybe not depending who gets repped but it will more then likely goto the post were the pics are when there are repped. I came about as a way to love off site posted here to help stop the Xs from happening. If you remember off site picture were allowed at 1st as a trial run. Anyone can reuped off site pictures here and get the furture points.

Thanks

Uhm not trying to be to thick in the head but I don't quite get it. Mebbe I need to refine my question.
    Looking through the NSFW section I see where the top of the thread for example Estella Warren GQ Magaizen 12/1999 "reuploaded to site below."

What does this mean? Because the 2nd post contains the pics and the SM fadeout0001 has the pics. But ken is the thread starter?
    thanks,

Nemesis of Superman

Thanks
    Thanked 6,111 Times in 2,558 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mczplwp View Post
    Uhm not trying to be to thick in the head but I don't quite get it. Mebbe I need to refine my question.
    Looking through the NSFW section I see where the top of the thread for example Estella Warren GQ Magaizen 12/1999 "reuploaded to site below."

What does this mean? Because the 2nd post contains the pics and the SM fadeout0001 has the pics. But ken is the thread starter?
    thanks,
    Basically when the site was first put up people were allowed to hotlink pics. Now they are not but some hotlinked pics still remain. We are in an effort to clean up the site so instead of deleting the posts we are just downloading the images and uploading them to NG's servers by attaching images through the "manage attachment" link (this is called reuploading to site). Some pics that are hotlinked need to be resized and others do not. If someone reuploads the pics we then delete the hotlinks to the image and put in "reuploaded to site below". For me if it is a post with a lot of replies I will specify the username who uploaded the pics so people can go easily find them especially if there are multiple pages to a post. The thing mods have been promoting is if you reupload the pics then any further rep will go to you for that post since people rep where the pics are. It is an incentive to have the members help us clean the site up.

The reason the NSFW area has so many by me is I had nothing to post that day, was bored, and realized how many images are still hotlinked. So I started doing some community service and reuploading those pics before they were deleted and the hotlinks turned into red x's or just a dead link. We are trying to keep the pics and not lose them to deletion.

The Estella Warren post I took the hotlinked images and reuploaded them + I uploaded missing pics from the set that were not originally posted, I uploaded some cleaner images that were not as tagged or marked up, and I added clean images (that were not tagged at all). So now that I did that most likely people will rep me instead of the thread starter because my post has the pics. This is our incentive driver to try and get people to help upload any off site hosted images before they turn into red xs which has happened already to some posts or certain pictures.

So if you find images that are hotlinked then you can download them, make a reply, and upload them yourself and they then become your pics to earn rep on. All we ask is if you do this you add reuploaded to site when you make your reply Is that clear enough?

Thanks

Steal hotlinked posts to post yourself to get reps, nice. unch:

I say leave the old hotlinked ones and reply to add more if you got them, that way the original poster still gets credit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post

I say leave the old hotlinked ones and reply to add more if you got them, that way the original poster still gets credit.
    We are attempting to clean it up and you don't have to give rep to the reposter but the mods are giving it to the user if they do. Again it is simply meant to get hotlinked images on site before they are lost and we have dead post.

Thanks

He is Not stealing any post...Just cleaning things up..Original poster is getting credit...If Fad has the time and wants to do the work so be it..If you have the time and want to do the work Go For it....I personally have done quiet a few my self, it is just more evident now since fad does a lot of them in one night....its his way of going that extra mile to make the site free of the dreaded red X...

Thanks

That was an excellent explanation. I now see clearly. Thank you and I'll rep you for that one! I'm a glutton for information and the explanation satisfied me.

Nemesis of Superman

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spidy View Post
    If you have the time and want to do the work Go For it.
    I can't, I don't have the changing posts capabilities, but I see now why you'd want to have everything on site: to avoid dead pics. For that reason, it's a good thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 982 Posts

You just need to make a reply and put the uploaded pictures there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by computer2slow View Post
    You just need to make a reply and put the uploaded pictures there.
    I rarely even see the really old pics anymore, but if I come across one I will.

Thanks

I can't, I don't have the changing posts capabilities, but I see now why you'd want to have everything on site: to avoid dead pics. For that reason, it's a good thing.
    You don't have to have the edit ability. Just download the pics by viewing them, save them to your computer, then, if needed, make them under 500kb, then make a reply in the same thread and attach images as usual. A mod will take care of the rest. If you want to be sure we get to it then make a report on the post saying you reuploaded them to the site.