Thread: Hayden Panettiere to do a lesbian relationship story line on Heroes?????

Thanks
    Thanked 6,106 Times in 2,557 Posts

Default Hayden Panettiere to do a lesbian relationship story line on Heroes?????

OK so while looking for info and pics for the upcoming season of Heroes (Volume 6) I came across this bit of information that hints that Hayden's character Claire will possibly be involved in a lesbian relationship with a roommate on the show:

According to IGN, Claire (Hayden Panettiere) may become involved in some girl-on-girl action this season. This speculation comes on the heels of the Hollywood Reporter's latest casting news for the NBC science fiction drama. Evidently, Claire has got herself yet another roommate besides Madeline Zima's character Gretchen. Days of our Lives actress Rachel Melvin, who is known for her role as Chelsea Brady, has been tapped to guest star and potentially recur on Heroes next season as the character Annie, who will also "share sleeping quarters (and maybe more) with Claire."

As expected, this "and maybe more" phrase has intrigued fans of whether of not Heroes is concocting a lesbian storyline. Of course, fans will have to wait and see when Heroes returns for its fourth season on NBC.

My question to you is if this is true how will it impact you as a viewer? Will it attract you to the show more? Will it ruin the show for you entirely? Does it ruin Claire's character as she has been shown to be attracted to older men and boys her age (by the show)? What are your thoughts?

For me this will just kill Hayden's character as she has never once shown any interest in girls and but has continually had a boyfriend or crush on a guy through every season. A sudden reversal of her sexuality even in a spur of the moment situation would just be completely out of character. However the idea could be a ploy in an alternate reality or something that may work. Yet to me this seems more like a ploy by the writers and producers to try and draw viewers which will again just kill her character. I have never particular liked Claire anyway but each season she at least serves to help at least one character that makes her seem useful.

Similar Newsgab Articles:

Thanks

Heroes has jumped the shark a year ago...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,106 Times in 2,557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post
    Heroes has jumped the shark a year ago...
    for you but there are still thousands of fans of the show. If I recall you quit watching because you couldn't keep the story straight. Thousands of people including myself can though and we really do enjoy the show. However for me I don't know how much I will like having Claire in a lesbian relationship.

Seems to me Hayden is trying to use her body and sexuality to not only land roles now but keep them as well. After her huge arguments with people of the show after her break up with "Peter" (don't know the dudes name) the directors, writers, and producers were talking about getting rid of her especially after she demanded the producers and directors get rid of Peter so she didn't have to have any problems at work which is why you didn't see her and Peter together as much last season.

Thanks

aarrghh.. vote no for claire lesbian thing...
    and yes, heroes just... umm well... not so much...

i miss season 1... :(
    peter petrelli... hiro nakamura... season 1 is the best... really miss it...

Thanks

I think this is a very stupid thing to do. So far i think her character is the dumbest one anyway. Ok she can't die, anyone she stands up to ends up knocking her around. She needs something else. Maybe that is why they are going to try this so that more MEN would be interested in her story. Lame, they have been doing good this far, why change it.

Thanks

I've not been a fan of Heroes since the first season, but I don't really know that introducing a female love (or sex) interest is necessarily a bad move on their part. It all really depends on how they go about it.

If they're smart, they'll make it an emotional attraction as well as a physical one. That doesn't mean she'd have to permanently switch sides to the girls only team. It could just be that she's found someone she cares for who happens to share the same gender. We see a lot more homosexuality in TV shows these days...it'd be nice if there was a little bisexuality as well, so long as it serves the story.

If it's just another Heroes gimmick, however, then I'd be very disappointed.

Thanks

You know when the writers start to run out of ideas for the show when they decide to bring in some "Girl on Girl" action. :fasthug:

.........I'm not complaining mind you.

Thanks

im over here in england... what series are they up too, i last saw it at series three but with this story line i may have to catch up...

Thanks

Maybe I have to catch up with the show again now, this is at least one good reason to do so..But the same thing happend to Friends, Ally McBeal and also lots of other shows, do some lesbo scenes to get viewers back..

Thanks
    Thanked 5,461 Times in 2,001 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supatedd View Post
    Maybe I have to catch up with the show again now, this is at least one good reason to do so..But the same thing happend to Friends, Ally McBeal and also lots of other shows, do some lesbo scenes to get viewers back..
    That's exactly what I did. Otherwise I wouldn't be watching Heroes anymore.