Thread: Clarification Please

irj2 Guest

Exclamation Clarification Please

Ok I'm new, so feel free to shoot me down but.....

A question: Given the requirement for members, especially us new ones, to raise their "post count" in order to raise their membership levels, is there not (and the more experienced of you will know this better than I), going to be a tendancy for posts to be created just for the sake of making a post, e.g. posts of no consequence or interest what-so-ever?

OR....

Is it considered by those upon high in Newsgab, that there is no such thing as a bad post and than any post is at least an attempt at communication? This of course excludes any post of an unpleasant or unseemly nature.

IRJ2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 988 Posts

Default Re: Clarification Please

It goes by a case by case basis. If someone makes 10 posts all pretty saying "great" "awesome" "I'd do her" "thanks" etc in a few minutes they are deleted and the person may be warned and/or banned for a few days.

irj2 Guest

Thank you for that and I am pleased to hear it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,976 Times in 1,483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irj2 View Post
    Ok I'm new, so feel free to shoot me down but.....

A question: Given the requirement for members, especially us new ones, to raise their "post count" in order to raise their membership levels, is there not (and the more experienced of you will know this better than I), going to be a tendancy for posts to be created just for the sake of making a post, e.g. posts of no consequence or interest what-so-ever?

OR....

Is it considered by those upon high in Newsgab, that there is no such thing as a bad post and than any post is at least an attempt at communication? This of course excludes any post of an unpleasant or unseemly nature.

IRJ2
    Also please remember that your post count is only a small component that will lead you to being promoted to a higher level of membership.

You could have 50,000 posts and your membership level will remain unchanged.

The key thing that effects your level of membership here at Newsgab is your reputation. Contribute to our site and our existing members will thank you for your posts. Thanks = Reps and Lots of Reps = promotion through the ranks.

Cheers

Chief

Admin / Webmaster - http://www.newsgab.com

How to Title Threads / What content is banned? Check out our Site Rules

Thanks
    Thanked 6,114 Times in 2,558 Posts

Another thing we watch for, or at least I do, are replies that make no sense. Such as someone saying "that's great" to a news story where people died; this shows the person is just posting to post and took no time to read or understand the post. Also random posts such as "FFFFFF" are also deleted.

irj2 Guest

Good grief! Thats a lot of checking you guys have to do. Hope you also get the chance to enjoy yourselves!

I will therefore, endeavour to make all posts pertinent, interesting and worthy of membership (even a Noob one!). Thx.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to irj2 For This Useful Post:

Donnhw (26th February 2010), petruccio (24th February 2010), tjw61 (24th February 2010)

Thanks

I will therefore, endeavour to make all posts pertinent, interesting and worthy of membership (even a Noob one!). Thx.
    And on that note, welcome to the boards, irj2, have a look around, get comfortable. I'll look forward to those posts...:thumbsup

Life without meaning cannot be borne.
    We find a mission to which we're sworn
    - or answer the call of Death's dark horn.
    Without a gleaning of purpose in life,
    we have no vision, we live in strife,
    - or let blood fall on a suicide knife.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,266 Times in 11,903 Posts

... and worthy of membership (even a Noob one!). Thx.
    Of course, when I mentioned n00bs in an earlier post, I meant it in the spirit of mutual posting comraderie and in an entirely nurturing and caring way :whistle:

All kidding aside...Welcome to Newsgab!

Very glad to have you here! :thumbsup

I just post what looks interesting as I'm wandering around the 'net. Credit always to the original scanner(s), capper(s), and or poster(s) of the content that I might put up here

irj2 Guest

At risk of falsely raising my postal count by one, I would just like to say thanks for the warm and friendly welcome that I have been given thus far.

Mind you, I now feel under pressure to post only the most amazing of posts, oops, I think my brain just left the building upon hearing that.

As for the "noob" quote - I was just teasing

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irj2 For This Useful Post:

Mrtial_Artst (26th February 2010), petruccio (25th February 2010)

Thanks

Mind you, I now feel under pressure to post only the most amazing of posts, oops, I think my brain just left the building upon hearing that.
    Now you know how the rest of us feel... :P Getting serious for a moment, it's always nice to see new members here, who have both a sense of humour and the will to participate actively in adding to the forum.

Life without meaning cannot be borne.
    We find a mission to which we're sworn
    - or answer the call of Death's dark horn.
    Without a gleaning of purpose in life,
    we have no vision, we live in strife,
    - or let blood fall on a suicide knife.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrtial_Artst For This Useful Post:

Chief (26th February 2010), petruccio (26th February 2010)