Thread: What's the "etiquette" for re-hosting pics onsite that have already been posted

Thanks
    Thanked 26,247 Times in 11,900 Posts

Question What's the "etiquette" for re-hosting pics onsite that have already been posted

I've been looking through some of the older NSFW pages, and we have quite a few now closed threads out there where the pics are still hosted "off-site" by a third-party service.

Most of these are still working, though I occasionally run across some that aren't.

I'm going to have a little free time this weekend and I thought I might move some back on-site, as it would be a shame to let them be lost if the third-party service decided to take them down for "inactivity"

Hence this post...what's the "etiquette" involved in re-hosting already posted pics. Normally we'd just re-up them in the existing thread, but now all of those old threads are closed down :what:

I don't want to just create a new thread, because I'm not looking for credit for the re-post

Should I create a new thread and then alert the mods to merge? That would work, but that seems like a labor-ntensive burden on the mods :(

Wisdom and advice from the mod/admin team is appreciated on this one, before I jump in and make a mess that no one needs :thumbsup

Also...if I find a thread with non-functional pics, do you just want me to flag it so you can delete it...or ignore it because it's closed?

Similar Newsgab Articles:
    I just post what looks interesting as I'm wandering around the 'net. Credit always to the original scanner(s), capper(s), and or poster(s) of the content that I might put up here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 983 Posts

Default Re: What's the "etiquette" for re-hosting pics onsite that have already been posted

Reup and the report and it will be merged if you find dead report and it will be deleted.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to computer2slow For This Useful Post:

petruccio (4th March 2010)

irj2 Guest

Default Re: What's the "etiquette" for re-hosting pics onsite that have already been posted

Hi, good luck with that. I have been banging on about this for a while and one particular mod has shown great patience with me I started to reupload offsite pix and then report to have orignal removed but then came up against numerous, and there are lots, of closed threads with offsite pictures. I was advised to just report them, so be aware that some are 'reported' for having offsite hotlinks, typically the oldest ones around June/July '06.

It is a shame that the threads do not have clickable "reported" flags, which when clicked explained reported reason or ... and ...much better still, willing individuals with a little spare time e.g. you and I etc, be given the ability to a) unclose thread, b) re-up pix & delete off-site thumbs/links and c) to close thread again. I certainly do not want to be a mod, never have, but would like to help out a bit and simply free the mods to do more worthy tasks. Obviously once all off-site links are dealt with then the special ability would be taken away. I expect however, this is too radical. :(

5. The Following User Says Thank You to irj2 For This Useful Post:

petruccio (4th March 2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,247 Times in 11,900 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by computer2slow View Post
    Reup and the report and it will be merged if you find dead report and it will be deleted.
    Thanks fo rthe relpy C2S...will do! :thumbsup

I just post what looks interesting as I'm wandering around the 'net. Credit always to the original scanner(s), capper(s), and or poster(s) of the content that I might put up here