Google Maps has been given an extra nudge, reaching the dizzying heights of five-point-twelve-point-oh. So what's changed? Well, for starters, the ability to post to Twitter has been nixed from the Places pages, replaced by the natty ability to see what's going on in places nearby. Giving it a try in London, it's got a pretty broad remit, and covers live music, plays and even museum exhibitions. The feature is currently limited to the British capital, Paris, Zurich, New York and San Francisco, but then, they're the centers of the universe, right? You can pick up the 6MB update -- and some culture -- at the source link below.
[Image from Losevsky Pavel, Lepas /Shutterstock]Google Maps Android app update gentrifies Places, Live Events forces Twitter out originally appeared on Engadget on Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:49:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink Android Central | Google Maps (Android Market) | Email this | Comments
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Google Maps update adds top-rated reviews, photos to Places
- Google Maps Transit Navigation beta for Android hands-on (video)
- Google Maps 5.5 for Android cops more Latitude, tweaks Places and transit pages
- Google Latitude joins check-in game with Maps 5.1 for Android
- Google Maps 5.0 hits Android, includes new 3D map view and offline Navigation