second favorite search engine, but in the US it has continued to lag in third place behind Yahoo!. The gap is closing rapidly, however, with ComScore's latest stats revealing a 15.0 percent share for Redmond versus Yahoo!'s 15.1 percent. What's more, those figures don't reflect mobile search, which must surely be a growth area for Bing as Windows Phone gathers American followers. Meanwhile, Ask Network remains static in fourth place and AOL (Engadget's parent company) comes a distant fifth -- although it did show a little growth spurt between October and November, taking 1.6 percent of the 17.8 billion recorded searches and pretending not to notice Google way up there on top. Full ranking after the break.Continue reading Bing almost catches up with Yahoo! in latest ComScore US figures
Bing almost catches up with Yahoo! in latest ComScore US figures originally appeared on Engadget on Mon, 19 Dec 2011 13:50:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink SearchEngineLand | ComScore | Email this | Comments
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Bing Indoor Maps and Visual Voicemail shown in latest WP7 Mango demo videos
- Yahoo Mail gets IMAP patch, Windows Phone 7 data consumption catches a break
- Bing advances past Yahoo! to become world's second most used search engine -- with 4.4 percent
- ComScore: Facebook overtakes Yahoo, is now the third most trafficked website
- BP cap catches '10,000 barrels'