broadband speeds nationwide, Virgin Media suffered a nationwide blackout that sent the network dark for most of Tuesday evening. At 5:00, the service dropped after router hardware decided it couldn't go on streaming the same episode of The Jeremy Kyle Show to the nation. The company admitted to the fault and service was restored by 8:00pm. Had it been smarter, it could have gotten away with passing the whole thing off as a SOPA protest, but we admire Virgin's honesty -- even if it did lead to the brilliant comment on Twitter pictured above.
Virgin Media suffers three hour outage days after announcing super-fast broadband originally appeared on Engadget on Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:22:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | BBC News | Email this | Comments
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Spotify partners with Virgin Media to stream music to UK TVs, smartphones
- Virgin Media to test 1.5Gbps broadband on London's Silicon Roundabout
- Netflix suffers temporary website outage today, permanent Dexter outage this summer
- Super Talent debuts CoreStore MV, super small, super fast mini PCIe SSD
- Virgin Media TV powered by TiVo is official, coming soon with 1TB HDD, 3 tuners