revamped Google TV experience that rolled out last fall is its TV & Movies app, which is a blended guide of content currently airing live on TV and available for streaming from the popular internet services (Netflix, Amazon, HBO Go). As Product Manager Rishi Chandra mentioned when we caught up with him at CES, personalization is something Google will be focusing on going forward and that's shown in the updated app being pushed out today. When it's first opened, users will login and be asked to rate a few movies and shows so it can get a sense of their tastes to know what to present, Netflix-style. There's more information displayed up front too, with expanded descriptions, and details below each show so viewers can find out about the episode that's on more easily. For a few more details on what's new and refreshed, check after the break.
Continue reading Google TV's TV and Movies app gets to know you better with ratings, favorites and more
Google TV's TV and Movies app gets to know you better with ratings, favorites and more originally appeared on Engadget on Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:00:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | Google TV Blog | Email this | Comments
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- A closer look at Apple TV's software update and 1080p movies
- Apple and Google just say no to ESRB mobile app ratings
- Google I/O Galaxy Tabs get Google Movies update, VIP treatment
- Editorial: Engadget on Google Music and Movies for Android
- Google TV's Fancast.com backdoor to Hulu video closed; Syfy starts blocking too