Apple vs. Samsung case even casually, you're probably aware that today marked the start of the patent trial in the US District Court for the Northern District of California, with Judge Lucy Koh presiding. And while the proceedings themselves won't necessarily justify an Olympics-level play-by-play, several interesting bits are sure to come to light. Today's nugget relates to Samsung's tablet roadmap, revealing that a Retina-like tablet may be in the works. The P10, as it's been labeled internally, packs a 2,560 x 1,600-pixel, 11.8-inch display, along with WiFi and LTE connectivity. Details are thin beyond that, and it's still possible that Samsung may not have a high-res tablet for us this year -- though with the company's mysterious New York City event coming up in two weeks, followed by IFA later in the month, there are plenty of opportunities in August alone for such an official reveal.
Philip Palermo contributed to this report.
Filed under: Displays, Tablet PCs
Samsung Retina-like 11.8-inch tablet in the works according to court docs originally appeared on Engadget on Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:25:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | The Verge | Email this | Comments
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Samsung Epic 4G Touch training docs leaked, likely to have 4.5-inch display?
- Samsung sees a Retina Display in your tablet future, and perhaps glasses-free 3D
- Samsung Galaxy S 2 and 10.1-inch Honeycomb tablet leaked on Korean website?
- Full version of Google Docs now works on iPad, but you can still go mobile if you wan
- Samsung Gloria to be a 10-inch Windows 7 tablet with slide-out keyboard?