Plex has just rolled out a raft of goodies for Android and Google TV in its latest release, version 18.104.22.168. If you notice more pep in its step, the maker said on its blog that "yep, this is a performance and stability release," adding that image and page load times in particular have been boosted. The other major upgrade is the addition of Plex iOS or Android remote control support for Plex on Google TV, letting you couch surf with smartphone in hand. It was also revealed recently by Ouya that Plex would be supported on its Android gaming console as soon as it's released. Feel free to hit the source to find the new version, then the sofa -- but forget about the pony, you can't have everything.
Filed under: Cellphones, Home Entertainment, Tablet PCs, Networking
Plex brings extra hustle to Android, remote control to Google TV, Ouya support, ponies for everyone originally appeared on Engadget on Wed, 15 Aug 2012 09:24:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | Plex Blog | Email this | Comments
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Plex Android app updated with remote control from mobile devices, new transcoding
- My Xbox Live update for iPhone brings direct remote control, Android users join the party too
- CloudOn brings its Office to Android tablets, adds support for Google Drive (video)
- Are You Watching This?! sports tracker for Android adds remote control for DirecTV, TiVo and Google TV
- Griffin's Beacon Universal Remote Control System brings dongle-free control to your smartphone