Google+ upgrade slip through largely unannounced. That revision might be bigger than you think -- although its exact value depends entirely on the platform you're running. If you're an iOS user, you now have the choice to open web links in Chrome for iOS instead of Safari; it's not the same as changing the default browser, but it will keep Google fans firmly ensconced in their preferred ecosystem while they're using Apple devices. On the Android side, it's now possible to watch live Hangouts On Air sessions if friends aren't ready and waiting for a chat. Both versions now let teens join any kind of Hangout, and there's a raft of tweaks on either side of the fence. If you've been waiting for either of the two major features to jump in, the app downloads are waiting at the source links.
Filed under: Cellphones, Tablet PCs, Software
Google+ update lets iOS open links in Chrome, Android join Hangouts on Air originally appeared on Engadget on Thu, 16 Aug 2012 12:26:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink Mobile Burn, The Next Web | App Store, Google Play | Email this | Comments
Similar Newsgab Articles:
- Google+ lets you broadcast your Hangouts
- Google+ gets a major update, simpler UI and heavier focus on Hangouts (video)
- Chrome for Android updates: recognizes app links, boosts speed
- Google+ app update welcomes iPhone users to Hangouts
- Google releases OTA update for Chrome OS, Cr-48 owners can upgrade now